Need help for CCSP certification

Unanswered Question
Nov 12th, 2008

Hi all,

I am CCNA certified and interested in CCSP. I am not getting proper guidance how to go ahead with this. Please advice, I have done CCNA with old syllabus.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 3 (1 ratings)
solpandor Wed, 11/12/2008 - 01:39

hi there,

seeing as most of the certs on the old CCSP track are being retired (some already have been) you have to start with CCNA Security before moving onto CCSP.

Also, I would suggest doing CCNP before CCSP for the simple reason that you will need a good solid understanding of routing and switching before being exposed to the workings of firewalls (unless you have good working knowledge of firewalls).

Ive done my CCNA (old track) and now working through BCMSN on CCNP (passed BSCI) with my end goal of CCSP. I work with firewalls and switches on a daily basis but personally I feel the BSCI and now BCMSN have given me a solid understanding of routing and switching and now the pix/asa understanding is easier.

HTH, please rate if useful

sunpharma Wed, 11/12/2008 - 01:48

Thank you so much for your prompt response. But now I will have to work towards CCNP certification. I request you to guide me for CCNP details. Which book i need to refer to and if u have updated dumps, Please send it accross.

Thanks again

sunpharma Wed, 11/12/2008 - 01:50

and ya one more thing. I think i need not to appear for new CCNA certification as the old one is still applicable. I think if i have old CCNA, then I need to give 4 papers where in case of new certification, I need to give only 3 papers

solpandor Wed, 11/12/2008 - 01:54

for CCNP i used Cisco press exam guide and student guide, and CBT Nuggets and Train-signal videos. This covers all the topics and the videos for me are a great learning tool.

sunpharma Wed, 11/12/2008 - 02:28

For downloading train signal videos, can you send me the link? and if you have any e-book,it will be a great help for me.

This Discussion