cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connections Greetings template

silex
Level 1
Level 1

Using Unity connections 2.1. whilst a subscribers voicemail greeting is being played, I want to be able to let the caller press 0 and they can be transferred to reception. I know this can be done in Unity 5.0 So am I correct in assuming Connections can do this?

What I would then like to do is let the caller know that this feature exists. Something like "if you dont wish to leave a message press 0" I have 400 subscribers already configured and setup for VM, Is there a way to record this once and it will play it for all subscribers, rather than have all subscribers needing to change their greeting?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you can change the Caller Input settings in Connection just as you can in Unity (or use the Bulk Edit tool).

Subscribers will need to change their greeting; there's really no easy way to automatically add some system greeting to let people know that there's an option to press zero.

View solution in original post

One option that might be worth looking at would be to play a general "you can press 0 to go to an operator at any time" message for all calls that forward into Connection (this is not an option with Unity). Presumably direct calls will be subscribers/internal users that wouldn't need to hear this.

With the "route from next rule" option you can setup a simple routing rule that has all calls that forward into Connection go to a call handler, play a quick generic greeting (things like snow day school closures and such are what we had in mind with this) and then continue routing the call as normal - so if they were forwarding to someone's greeting they'd hear that next.

Not exactly what you wanted here but it may serve the purpose without requiring you to tack on custom greeting extensions to every user.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you can change the Caller Input settings in Connection just as you can in Unity (or use the Bulk Edit tool).

Subscribers will need to change their greeting; there's really no easy way to automatically add some system greeting to let people know that there's an option to press zero.

it's disappointing but many thanks for your feedback

One option that might be worth looking at would be to play a general "you can press 0 to go to an operator at any time" message for all calls that forward into Connection (this is not an option with Unity). Presumably direct calls will be subscribers/internal users that wouldn't need to hear this.

With the "route from next rule" option you can setup a simple routing rule that has all calls that forward into Connection go to a call handler, play a quick generic greeting (things like snow day school closures and such are what we had in mind with this) and then continue routing the call as normal - so if they were forwarding to someone's greeting they'd hear that next.

Not exactly what you wanted here but it may serve the purpose without requiring you to tack on custom greeting extensions to every user.

that sounds like a good Idea.

I will try it out and let you know.

many thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: