cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to view PEAP Server certificate at wireless client

jchua
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, my wireless LAN is running on PEAP, with the PEAP server, which is Microsoft IAS, having a public certficate. With the server validation turned at the wireless client, how do I view the server certificate details at the client?

4 Replies 4

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

Protected Extensible Authentication Protocol (PEAP) does not require a client side certificate as long as the server certificate is correct because Protected Extensible Authentication Protocol (PEAP) is based on server-side Extensible Authentication Protocol Transport Layer Security (EAP-TLS). Client certificate authentication is not required. Only the server is authenticated using certificates.

For the further description for the PEAP Under Unified Wireless Networks with Microsoft Internet Authentication Service (IAS) following URL may help you

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_configuration_example09186a0080921f67.shtml#conwirecli

what i meant is how to view that server certificate information at the wireless client host. Is that server certificate stored somewhere? I am not refering to the root CA certificate.

you can check this under the MMC console of the client

from the 'run' menu type in 'MMC', from the file tab select 'add and remove snap-in' click on 'add' choose 'Certificate' from the menu and then local user account.

from here you can now view your personal certificates and CA authority certicates

hope this helps

I am able to view the root CA certificate of the PEAP server, but the PEAP server certificate itself is not.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card