cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Debugging IP Helper Traffic & WAAS

ejaro
Level 1
Level 1

Yesterday we experienced a problem with thin clients (RDP) appearing not to get an ip address. They would hang on a connection manager screen. During a reboot of one of the clients I shutdown the WAAS interface on the router. The problem thin client booted up normally however other users who were already logged in, froze up. Forcing them to reboot. I then turned the WAAS interface on the router back up. Everything appears to being running fine for the last 24 hours.

My question concerns troubleshooting this problem as we have 40+ WAAS fielded. Is there a debug command that could have helped in this situation? I have tried debug IP UDP but there really is no detail to use. We do have a IP helper statement on the router. How can I debug the helper?

1 Reply 1

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ed

As far as debugging the helper address I would suggest using debug ip packet with an access list. In the access list permit any traffic to and any traffic from the address specified in the helper-address command. This would show you requests being sent and responses received.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card