cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MARS 4.3.6 UPGRADE TO 6.1

SELOMECIS
Level 1
Level 1

Im trying to upgrade mars 4.3.6 to 6.1 it'is telling to upgarade to 5.3.6 when i wanto upgrede to the 5.3.6 is telling me to do the lower versin that 5.3.6 to so i want to know if there is away i can do it form 4.3.6 to 6.1,i have the document from cisco to upgrade form 4.3.6 to 6.1 but it's not helpful at all,anybody help.

9 Replies 9

mohsin.khan
Level 3
Level 3

If you can afford to rebuild all your data/device integeration/custom reports, just reimage the box to 6.1. Otherwise you'll have to do what cisco says, i.e step by step migration to later releases.

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Which part of the document is not helpful, can you please elaborate? I think they spelled it out pretty clearly in that document...how to upgrade. If you have any doubts just ask them here.

Regards

Farrukh

Hi,

u can't go 4.x to 6.x.Better result go version by version

I thing it will help u

It will probably be best for you to backup the configuration and re-image the mars to the newest version. From my understanding, that is the only way to get to the new E2 engine which is required for the newer releases. Your gonna half to run openSSH to backup and restore the data.

Ok i understand,can you pls help me with the step by step guide how to backup it and which unitility i would used to backup it and reimage it pls.

To back it up, you need either an SFTP server or a server with an NFS share. I used Windows Services for Unix 3.5 (google it). It allows you to create NFS shares on your Windows box.

Export both your configuration (quick) and data (set aside some time) to the NFS share.

Download csmars-6.0.1.3066.iso from the Cisco downloads - it is the 6.01 image. Burn to DVD and boot the MARS box from the DVD. This will effecitvely 'ghost' 6.01 onto your appliance and you'll have a fresh MARS appliance as if it came from the factory on 6.01.

Import the Configuration and Data from the backup you made before wiping it.

You now have 'upgraded' from 4.3.6 to 6.01.

Hopefully this abbridged outline will help you make more sense out of what the official doc says @ http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/security_management/cs-mars/6.0/migration/guide/dmigrate6x.html

Thank you very much for your help,actually i opened a tac case and theu told me to do that same thing so now im downloading the 6.0.1 image after that i would install and give u an update,but i dont need to backup anything because it's fresh installation im doing,thx again for your help.

good information. Do you know what command I need to use on the MARS 4.3 box to see how much space I am going to beed for the migration to 6.0 sice I have to do a same box upgrade?

Thanks.

follow this procedure and upgradeyour mars to 6.1

1-model

2-version should be 4.3.6

3- pnstatus to see all the services which are running

4-Raidstatus to see the firmware,bios and hard disk space.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: