Views
Helpful
Replies

User / Phone Add, Some models don't appear under device association

punkrulz
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys,

I'm sorry to be posting here, but I have been unable to find the information that I have been looking for. We are in the process of setting up our VoIP system. Yesterday, I spent most of my day adding users individually. I would love to be able to utilize the user / device add, which would have made things easier, however for some reason some of our phones (right now specifically the 7945, 7965, 7975) do NOT appear in the listing for devices for the device association.

Is there a way that these can be added?

Also, now I know I have to add all of the phones manually, all 109 of them. Is there an easier way to do it? I see that you can make a file and then upload it to run, but I didn't see a file that allows you to specify the model of the phone. I am looking for something that will make it easy for me to automatically assign the phone to the user, give the phone an extension and enter it's MAC Address.

Thanks!!!

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Daniel,

One nice method for adding multiple phones/users is to use BAT :) Get yourself a Barcode scanner to scan the Mac's off the IP Phones and the rollout can be very quick.

Introducing the Bulk Administration Tool (BAT)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Bulk Administration Tool (BAT), a web-based application, performs bulk transactions to the Cisco CallManager database. BAT lets you add, update, or delete a large number of similar phones, users, or ports at the same time. When you use Cisco CallManager Administration, each database transaction requires an individual manual operation, while BAT automates the process and achieves faster add, update, and delete operations.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/bat/5_1_4/bat_ovr.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob,

I have been reviewing this and have been tinkering around. I was able to Activate the Batch Processing. I downloaded the bat file that they provide, but I'm running into some issues.

I changed the template of the batch file to have the following:

Mac Address / Device Name

Description

User ID (for who is associated with the phone)

Directory Number 1, hoping that it will automatically create and associate the directory number with the phone.

Now, I am configuring this to work with the 7945, which has 2 lines. Unfortunately when I change it to 2 lines, it adds a second User ID field to the line... so I kept it at 1 for now. I managed to get the Batch File to run, however I get the following error message for every entry I created:

Line number 1 is not configured on the Line template

Where do I make this line template, and how do I configure it so that I can add individual lines per the user?

Thanks!

punkrulz
Level 1
Level 1

I posted my updated problem under a new thread as it is a new issue. However, can someone please answer why the phones were not appearing under the user / device add, and what needs to be done to change that?

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: