Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemail not being delivered to some Subscribers

bigcappa1
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have some users, including me, that do not recieve their voicemail, mainly from external users but some subscribers (including me dont get internal either). I can see all the messages stored on the \CommServer\UnityMTA folder.

Error messages in the Event monitor and being deliverd to me from the Event Monitoring Service are CiscoUnity_UMR Evint ID 137 and 134 also get CiscoUnity_MALEx Event ID 30012.

I get a few more but these are the most common. I have ran the permssion wizard report and it comes back clean, no failures

I have check the help guides, the Unity Error message finder and have restarted the AvUMRSyncSvr service with the CSA enabled and disabled. But the messages dot get sent.

I though it might be a permssions issue but this is happeneing to about 40 subscribers (including me :-( . I will reboot the server first tonight by stop/start Unity if that does not work I will reboot the server itself. After that I have ran out of options.

Anybody seen or had this issue. Unity UM 5.0.1. Got me a bit baffled

Thanks

Paul

22 Replies 22

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are they on a new mailstore on the Exchange server? Possibly you created a new mailstore, moved those users to it in Exchange and Unity is unaware of the new store.

re-run the MailStore wizard from add/remove programs. It will start and stop your Unity services.

Tommer,

We have not added anew mailstore. It ahppened occasionally but then has happened constantly for about a month. Will restart the server and see how that sorts the issue

Let you know

Paul

Ok restarted Unity no joy, left it five mins restarted UMR service, still no joy

Restarted server, again no change again waited 5 mins the restarted UMR service.

The only thing I have not done yet is rerun the permissions wizard, though running it in report mode comes back clean.

This is a strange one

Paul

Have you re-ran the Message Store Wizard from Add/Remove programs on the Unity box. Run this at the Console.

Also, do a DCGC reconnect. make sure everything is sysced up in your AD to your Unity server. If there is an issue with DCGC connect, it will flag it in the Windows Event Viewer Applications.

Going to run the PW tommorrow, to run the MSCW do i need to run it fromthe DVD. I now it is aprt ofthe install process but never ran it aprat from at the install

I dont esee any DCGC connect issues in the event viewer all the events seem UMR based

cheers

Paul

On the Unity server.

Start settings Control panel

Add/Remove Programs

It is in the list. Re-run (it will not uninstall or re-install)

Ok have done the PW and the MSCW. Restarted the UMR service (lots of times). Had a DC error so corrected that manually with the DCDG utility and still nothing. After we ram the PW some of the users starting getting trapped internally left voicemail but external still was an issue.

So the scenario is some users cannot get any internal or external voicemail. Some users can only get internal voicmeail and a majority of users dont have an issue. Got me stummped now.

Anyone else got ideas. Took a while to run all the wizards as we need to get out AD team and messaging team involved

cheers

Paul

Do you have any errors in your Unity server in Application or system?

Also, for the subscribers that are not working, if you toggle an old voice mail message from read to unread, does the MWI light come on? If it does, Unity does have access to the subscriber account and is reading Exchange correctly. If the light does not toggle, then you still have a permissions issues on the AD account. (typically)

For subscribers not getting internally or externally voicemail (which sounds like no voicemails to me) are the voicemails sitting in the MTA folder on Unity waiting to be delivered or are they marked in the failed folder?

The errors that I get in the Event log are CiscoUnity_MALEx ID 30007 and 30012 both to do with the CsBMsgConnector connecting properly via MAPI. I dont think this is the main issue as the connector is in relation to broadcasting is it not. The message guys did delete the account connected to this but have since enabled it again.

The other error is CiscoUnity_UMR ID 134. This is coming up as I am getting a few unaddressed messages and I dont have anything set up in the PUBLIC DL to forward them onto someone. Not worried about that yet.

So I would like to tidy the first error up but as I say dont think this causes the issue of some subscribers not getting VM where a majority of other do.

Yes all the VM sit in the MTA folder so I can jump on and attach the wav file to an email but that is time comsuming. I have restarted the MTAsynch service in the services pretty much now after I try something. And still no joy. I suppose if it was all users we would be ok, but the fact it is just some users makes it really difficult to solve.

Many thanks

Paul

I think you have a corrupted MAPI profile. I would probably get TAC involved to fix the MAPI. Basically need to delete the MAPI and re-create it.

If you want to delete/recreate mapi then go to the registry and search for Unity System Profile. The second one you find is the one that contains numerous keys with random code on them. Those are the profiles. Delete the Unity System Profile there and reboot.

Tray

Great tip!

Tray,

Great, thanks for the feedback on this. Had look but i thinkas they deleted the usbms account and mailbox that I need to get this correctected as the usbms account was not in the Unity System Profile. So will look at this.

I dont think this is causing the main issue of some users not egetting their voicemail. Do you have more details on the purpose of the usbms account ata all

thanks

Paul

When I see MAPI and AD admins who delete Unity accounts by mistake, it seems to be a slow house of cards. You will get one or two subscribers not working, then all of sudden, nobody will work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: