Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding Phones, Lines via BAT problems

punkrulz
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys,

I had a previous forum entry regarding the device listing under User / Phone add, and someone recommended me to do BAT processing. After looking into it, it appeared to be much easier than I had anticipated.

I downloaded the BAT file that allows me to select various fields and export as the csv. First, I attempted to setup phones using the following fields:

MAC Address, Description, User ID, Directory Number 1

I would enter all of the information, and my hopes would be that it would automatically create the Directory Number based on what was in that field, and then automatically associate it with that field. I was wrong, and was receiving error messages stating that "Line number 1 is not configured on the Line template."

So, I decided to do the following:

1) Create batch file for MAC Address, Description, User ID, Owner User ID... run this batch as Phone Add.

2) Create batch file for MAC Address, Description, Directory Number 1, Display 1... run this batch as Line add.

Will this create the phones, tie the user accounts into the phones, create the phone lines, and tie the phone lines to their specific phone? I'm attempting to run the batch now, however I appear that we're receiving a licensing error, "Allocated licenses consumed by used and pending" which my co-worker is working on the licensing... not sure if what he's working on is related.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ideally you will need to create individual Phone Template for each phone type that you will be adding.

Here you assign the device CSS, Device-Pool, MRG all the common setting for the phone-type you will be inserting.

For this reason it is best to create individual BAT files for each phone type also.

In order to create a line-template, open the device template you created, and click on the add line option on the left of the page.

This is essentially the line-template, assign a template name, and configure all the settings that you wish to assign to all your DNs for this device-template, such as Partition, CSS, VM Profile, Call-Forward CSS.

Hope this helps.

Allan

Pls rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

You will need to ensure that you have sufficient DLUs (Device License Units) installed before you will be able to add any devices.

From within CallManager administration scroll to the bottom of the system menu, and hightlight Licensening and then select License Unit Report.

Here you will see what licenses have been authorised, used and remaining. The License Unit Calculator show how the existing DLU are allocated, it also show the weights of each device.

Hope this helps.

Allan.

Pls rate helpful posts.

Thank you, that helped me determining that we are in fact having licensing issues. Fortunately my senior technician is handling that, as I'm the lowbie and don't do anything regarding that.

I'm still trying to troubleshoot how to create lines. I created a CSV file based on the necessary things I thought should be there, and I'm back to receiving error messages about "Line number 1 is not configured on the Line template.".

Could someone please help me pursue creating the necessary lines as well?

have you created the BAT phone templates before inserting the phones???

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Java,

I did create a phone template for a 7945 phone before adding the phones themselves. I thought I did it correctly; it seems that the phones I added (before licensing issues) worked out fine. I select the same template when attempting to add the lines.

I can go into the template and there is nothing set for Directory Number 1, which makes sense because it's just a template. I'm not sure if I was supposed to specify anything else though.

Ideally you will need to create individual Phone Template for each phone type that you will be adding.

Here you assign the device CSS, Device-Pool, MRG all the common setting for the phone-type you will be inserting.

For this reason it is best to create individual BAT files for each phone type also.

In order to create a line-template, open the device template you created, and click on the add line option on the left of the page.

This is essentially the line-template, assign a template name, and configure all the settings that you wish to assign to all your DNs for this device-template, such as Partition, CSS, VM Profile, Call-Forward CSS.

Hope this helps.

Allan

Pls rate helpful posts.

Allan,

Thank you very much for the response. I did see the screen of the line template before, however for some reason I believed it wanted me to add a specific line and I declined to go any further. I pursued this screen this time as you stated, named the template and set all other options, and saved it. I then noted that for the associated devices, it added the template as the device.

My script did continue to fail, however that's because the phones didn't exist (which is nice now I know phones need to be in first!). It worked for the phones that were entered into the system, and I didn't need to worry about everything since it is all referenced via MAC Addressing.

Thanks!

Hi Daniel,

Good to hear that you were able to resolve your problem. Thanks for the rating, and best of luck.

Allan.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: