cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Range Command Freezes Device

lamav
Level 8
Level 8

I have a 3750 running 12.2(35)SE5, and everyime I run the 'interface range' command, my telnet session freezes, but then resumes after a minute or so.

I thought that the CPU may be getting pegged, but its not. I opened a separate telnet session to the same device and a 'sh proc cpu' showed barely 11% utilization.

So why does the switch take such a long time to bring me back to the command prompt? Is that simply the time it takes to execute command?

switch (config-range)#switchport mode access vlan 333

(I press enter, and the it stays like this for a minute or so) then....

switch (config-range)#

4 Replies 4

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It depends on how many ports you're putting into vlan 333. If there's a lot, it will take some time to switch the port to access and add to the vlan.

--John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Thats not normal , it should be almost instantaneous . Have never seen that on any switch using the range command. I would check for bugs for that code version .

I can tell you that I have 12.2(35)SE1, and I don't have that command "blended."

switchport mode access

switchport access vlan 333

It's two separate commands. Maybe Glen is right. They may have introduced this command as a "blended" command and it's got a bug in it.

Good call Glen :-)

--John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

Oh wow....sorry. That was a typo. No blended command.

I meant to write 'switchport access vlan 333'

Anyway, same problem though.

Every switch I have turned up in this project -- dozens -- reacted the same way.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card