cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can you restrict caller input to a DN range on Unity?

Is it possible to restrict the caller input for a call handler to a specific DN range, say 2200 to 2399 for one call handler, 3000 to 3199 for another? In this case, there are multiple sites that are on one CCM cluster. They were cut over from each site having a key system to the CCM cluster. Each site had the same DN range. Now each site has a different range and customers call in to the site and enter the previous extension. The call goes to a person in another site who now has the previously used DN. This is Unity 4.2.1. Each site has their own call handler on Unity. CM ver is 4.1.3. Can it be done? Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Unity has no dialing restrction functon - you can set which users/dls you can _address_ messages to with a addressing scope but this has no impact on which extensions you can dial (from either a call handler or a subscriber - they work the same). You can lock specific keys down on the user input page to not allow users to dial extensions that, say, start with a 7 or 8 but again this requires a pretty unrealistic dial partition configuration.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No clean way to do this on Unity as it does not support overlapping dial plans (i.e. you can't have two objects with the same extension partitioned off from one another). You can get super-funky with some predial prefixes off of call handlers if your numbering plan is nicely segmented (i.e. the user dials 774 and Unity can prepend on 112 in front of it for one call handler or 223 from another etc...). As you can imagine, this is very difficult to setup and would be a nightmare to troubleshoot if used on a large scale.

Unity Connection supports search spaces and dial partitions similiar to call manager so you can have overlapping dial plans. You would then setup routing rules to dump inbound calls into the correct search space and the users would be unable to reach extensions outside that search space.

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

not sure, but could you make the CH into a subscriber CH? Meaning, take your Callhandler and change it into a Subscriber. Edit the caller input to match the CH you were using. Change the routing to hit the Subscriber with CTI or something like this. Then in the Class of Service, restrict the dialing at that point?

I dont have a unity server in front of me to test, but would assume you could restrict the dialing by Class of Service by Subscriber.

Unity has no dialing restrction functon - you can set which users/dls you can _address_ messages to with a addressing scope but this has no impact on which extensions you can dial (from either a call handler or a subscriber - they work the same). You can lock specific keys down on the user input page to not allow users to dial extensions that, say, start with a 7 or 8 but again this requires a pretty unrealistic dial partition configuration.

Thanks for the input. That's what I needed to know.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: