cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

online usere id

eliaspaulos
Level 1
Level 1

Ciscoworks show useres id which they log a month ago as currently logged in, I am the only one logged to Cw but showing 5 other user id. how I can reset this wrong information. I have also created a new account with system admin privilege but when the person try to create custom layout for end host report," got a permission denied message" every other account with the same privilege able to create the custom layout except this one. deleted and created again still the same problem. thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I had assumed you mean you were seeing stale User Tracking data. This is why I said to reinitialize the ANI database. If you're seeing an additional admin session logged into LMS, this is most likely your System Identity USer (as configured under Common Services > Server >Security > System Identity Setup). If that is the case, then what you're seeing is expected.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of Campus Manager is this?

As for creating custom layouts, one needs Network Admin rights to do this. If your user only has System Admin rights, that will not be possible. Make sure you check the box for Network Admin in addition to System Admin.

the version of campus manager. is 4.0.11

yes both Network Admin. and system Admin checked.the error I got is"Application error: /opt/CSCOpx/campus/etc/cwsi/users/user1.ut.preferences (Permission denied).

Thank you

Check to make sure casuser owns /opt/CSCOpx/campus/etc/cwsi/users/user1.ut.preferences . As for resetting the User Tracking data in LMS 2.6, you will need to completely reinitialize the ANI database. This is done with:

/opt/CSCOpx/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=ani dmprefix=ANI

After doing this, you will need to run a new Campus Data Collection followed by a new UT acquisition.

thank you so much for your support!!

the user issue is resolved as you said wasn't own by casuser, after reinitialize the ANI, it came up good. but I am still wondering common services home page showing 3 online session, 2 session by admin account( which I have never used it) second is 1 account that is my current log in account.so where this 2 admin account session came from?

I had assumed you mean you were seeing stale User Tracking data. This is why I said to reinitialize the ANI database. If you're seeing an additional admin session logged into LMS, this is most likely your System Identity USer (as configured under Common Services > Server >Security > System Identity Setup). If that is the case, then what you're seeing is expected.