cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dopod PDA connect to 4402+1130 problem

bbxie
Level 3
Level 3

Anybody knows what should be tuned for connect a Dopod PDA to 4402+1130?

currently my customer configured a wlan using WPA-PSK/TKIP, laptop can join it without problem, but a Dopod PDA can't.

4402 version: 4.2.61

Dopod PDA:TRIN100(Windows Mobile ProfessionalCE OS 5.2.1437)

I asked customer to use "debug mac" to capture packet and found the WLC can receive PDA's probe-request, but never sent back probe-response, the PSK and SSID are correctly configured at the PDA.

I guess there maybe have some mis-match on DTIM/Preamble/Aironet IE, however I don't know what should be for Dopod, I'd like to get some idea on these before I go onsite to do troubleshooting, any feedback will be appreciated!

1 Reply 1

didyap
Level 6
Level 6

Try the following steps. It may help you

-Create a test SSID with no security and allow it to be broadcast see if the PDA can see the WLAN and connect

-Hide the SSID, see if the PDA can still connect

-Create a basic 40bit wep key and allow shared key authentication, see if 2 x PDA's can connect using this key...

-Finally, set the WEP key to "not set" and move down to the WPA option. Set both WPA 1 and 2 to TKIP (not AES), then try this reversed. try and make the key simple like "abc123"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: