cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BAT update user device association

mattcalderon
Level 4
Level 4

I am having an issue updating users in 6.1.2.2000 to associate the phone to the individual users. I create the csv with only the fields of userid and controlled device 1. I do not get any errors when i run the job I just dont have my users updated with the associated device. Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Matt,

It sounds like this bug;

CSCsr14381 Bug Details

cannot update device assoication if "Primary User Device" was configured

Symptom:

CUCM 6.1.2. Tried to use BAT to update device association on end user page. BAT job completed successfully, but "device association" was not updated.

Conditions:

1) CUCM 6.1.2

2) On CCMAdmin > User Management > End User, configure a "Primary User Device"

3) Use BAT to update this user's "Controlled Device". The desired device name is the same as in step 2)

4) BAT job completed successfully. But device association was not updated.

Workaround:

Set "Primary User Device" to none.

Status

Fixed

Severity

3 - moderate

Last Modified

In Last Year

Product

Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CallManager)

Technology

1st Found-In

6.1(2)

Fixed-In

6.1(2.9901.109)

7.1(0.39000.8)

6.1(2.1110.1)

7.0(0.66666.1)

7.0(0.66666.2)

7.1(0.98999.7)

7.0(1.12003.1)

7.0(1.12003.2

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

you may be on to something here. What we are running into now is setting the primary user device to none using BAT. We are unable to do this. Any ideas?

Rob,

You were correct that this was the bug that I was running into. My problem was that to set all the primary user devices to none was not able to be completed using BAT. (another bug) So we had to break AD integration, delete all inactive users, and then fix AD to have all the users be set to with primary user device when they were added back. This caused issues because it deleted all the owner user ids that were set on the phone because all owners were gone. (AD synch was deleted) So...We BATtted all users with controlled devices then batted our phones with owner user ids to resolve this. UGGHH...enough rambling...Thanks Rob once again for pointing me in the right direction.

FYI..I would mark this as resolved my issue, but it does not let me give points or resolve even though i created the thread. I guess I need to open another TAC.