Views
Helpful
Replies

CALL BLOCKING

gopinath.j
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

Need your sugestions to block a specified country call on my voice gateway.Below is my configuration. Pls give in your ideas.

!

voice translation-rule 91

rule 1 reject /^71001191/

!

voice translation-profile block_india

translate called 91

!

dial-peer voice 710 pots

call-block translation-profile incoming block_india

destination-pattern 710T

translate-outgoing called 91

direct-inward-dial

port 0/1/0:23

!

4 Replies 4

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

I'm assuming you are attempting block outgoing called party numbers starting ^7 from ?

If this is the case then you should apply the call-block translation-profile incoming block_india on the incoming call-leg specifically the VoIP dial-peer from CallManager not on the pots as this will be the outbound call-leg:-

dial-peer voice 100 voip

call-block disconnect-cause incoming invalid_number

Hope this helps

Allan.

Pls rate helpful posts.

Hi Allan,

Thanks for the info. Little brief with diagram.

Calling no 906821 to called no 71001190-6823 should be allowed.

Calling no 906821 to called no 71001191-6822 should be not allowed.

Current configuration also given in the diagram.

Pls give in your ideas.

You can use a COR list for outgoing blocking on router A so it is blocked at source.

Can you clarify a little further please, it is not clear what telephony system the calling party 906821 is connected to. I don't belive it is CME as the diagram would show it connect to the gateway, so is it a PBX or CUCM?

Ideally it would be practical to block the calls nearer to the source, rather allowing the call to transverse the WAN using value bandwidth before being dropped.

If the calling party is connected to CUCM then you can implement calling restrictions using route-patterns in partitions assigned specifically to this DN's CSS.

Alternatively if the gateway is connected to a PBX, then you should configure the block translation profile on the incoming trunk call-leg. Is port 1/0:15 the PBX trunk port?

voice translation-rule 91

rule 1 reject /^71001191/

!

voice translation-profile block_india

translate called 91

!

dial-peer voice 90 pots

destination-pattern 90T

forward-digits all

port 1/0:15

!

Calls to the called-party number 71001190 will not be be matched against the call-block translation-profile rule 1, and will be proceed to the outgoing VoIP dial-peer 710.

You will also need to ensure be aware that pots dial-peers strips the digits which are matched.

In your case, the pots dial-peer in location A will strip digits 90 for called number starting 90, there calls to 906821 will be 6821 is this desired? In not make sure that you forward-digits all.

Hope this helps

Allan.

Pls rate helpful posts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: