cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I need to add a subscriber to an existing cluster.Version is 4.1.3.

sivakumar.kvp
Level 1
Level 1

I need to add a subscriber to an existing cluster.There are 1 pub and 3 subs in the cluster.CCM version is 4.1.3.

Is there any steps to be followed while adding the subscriber.

Looking for your suggestions...

thanks in advance

siva

5 Replies 5

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Sivakumar,

Take a look at this post by Rob, it provides a document link to the install doc for adding a new subsriber to an existing cluster:-

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Unified%20Communications%20Applications&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.2cc20a85/0#selected_message

Hope this helps.

Allan.

Pls rate helpful posts.

Also just one extra point, you will have to use the correct build disks for version 4 that are the same as the base version on the Publisher or it won't allow you to join the cluster. For example you won't be able to build with 4.0, then upgrade to 4.1(3).

The bit I'm unsure about is if you need to remove any SRs first, as I've had mixed results with this where sometimes I've had to do this, and sometimes not.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.I have gone through the doc but it talks about the outline sketch.I would like to know in-depth steps or step by step procedure to install a subscriber and add to the existing cluster (database subscription pushing to new subscriber).

looking for your suggestions

thanks in advance

siva

DB replication is created automatically when adding a server to a cluster.

if you need step by step guides look at the CUCM install guides.

Install and Upgrade Guides

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_installation_guides_list.html

the information provided already has the steps to add a subscriber.

most of this is a wizard, just follow instructions

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for valuable info..

regards

siva

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: