Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up QOS for Voice on 8Mbps Leased on Circuit

tecnetpro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have 4 nos 2Mbps aggreagated link on two 2811 router.I have configured a multilink ppp for aggregation.How can i setup QOS for voice calls on the link.

The protocol used is H.323 .How to identify the voice traffic on router.Can NBAR be used to identify the traffic ?

3 Replies 3

saimbt
Level 1
Level 1

You can either do this on the basis of network and ports and assign the voice traffic to a srtict priority queue. OR

If the device is capable of marking DSCP, you can trust DSCP on the access switches and assign bandidth to EF

-Sai.

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

One way to prioritize voice would be usage of a CBWFQ service policy, outbound, on your multilink interface. Place the voice into a LLQ class.

For identification, as Sai notes, the voice might (or can) tag their packets and you could match against their ToS. And/or identification via an ACL and/or NBAR. (The later NBARs do support matching against many kinds of voice traffic.)

PS:

Don't neglect special treatment of voice signally traffic.

Mohamed Sobair
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

NBAR is used for traffic classification, you can use NBAR to classify voice traffic or an access-list , bellow an example for both:

class-map match-any (name)

match protocol rtp audio

or

class-map match-any (name)

match access-group 100

access-list 100 permit udp range 16348 32767

you then add the Class to a defined policy and apply it to the interface.

HTH

Mohamed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: