cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inventory collection fails when module removed

g.meerkoetter
Level 1
Level 1

I currently see inventory collection fail on two 4510Es which have one of their modules removed because of hardware failure.

In IC-Server.log I see "ERROR,[Thread-33],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.util.logger.RMELogger,770,com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.ics.invchange.AddInvChange,effect,

33,Unexpected error:com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybSQLException: ASA Error -193: Primary key for table 'PhysicalAssetData' is not unique""

This happens on both LMS3.01 and 3.1. Is this a known bug?

Will the problem disappear once the missing modules get replaced?

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, not to my knowledge. All similar inventory bugs should be fixed in LMS 3.1. I haven't heard of anyone else reporting this problem. Inventory problems like this are tricky to diagnose, and I don't have any 4500s with which I can test. I suggest you open a TAC service request so that this problem can be analyzed further.

Thanks Joe, but I don't feel lucky enough today to open another SR. ;)

Deleting and re-importing the device seems to help, though I hate to use this method.

Just for the record - I've opened SR 610596225 and it looks like another bug might be filed soon.

BugID: CSCsy89484

Title: Inventory collection of 4510E fails after remove/readd power supply

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: