Webview Reporting Error

Answered Question
Nov 13th, 2008

I'm currently experiencing a problem when a supervisor (which has a webview reporting ID

in the active directory) tries to generate a Call Type report. It shows the following

error:

"There are no items available, because you are not authorized to view this data or the

items have not been configured in the ICM and/or IPCC database.Contact your administrator

to confirm your authorization and the ICM and/or IPCC configuration."

The help file suggests me to check on the User's list under Security menu in Configure ICM.

I've tried looking at the in the AW configuration manager --> Configure ICM,

but I dont see any option for me to "choose Users from the Security menu."

I've also double checked under the <domain_name>_IPCC_Webview group, and this

supervisor domain login ID is inside this group.

Any advise on where i can start troubleshooting this problem is much appreaciated. Thanks.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by david.macias about 8 years 2 months ago

no issue.

david

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
david.macias Thu, 11/13/2008 - 05:41

Call type reports can only be run by users and not by supervisors. It sounds like this user is only a supervisor. Go to the config manager and create a user for her and give the user WebView access and he/she will be able to run any report. You will need an AD account to do this. Generally, we have a generic WebView account that we use for all users.

david

mhchoo_121 Thu, 11/13/2008 - 18:37

Thanks for reply David. So it seems like i got no choice but to create a user WebView account in the AD to be used by all the supervisors (for viewing call type).

Was wondering if there will be issue if multiple supervisors logging into the webview reporting by using the same login account at the same time?

fabien.damien Fri, 12/04/2009 - 00:00

Hi David,

what if i want to restrict his view to certain call types only?

thanks for the feedack,

No can do.

But CUIS collections and user associations solve all these problems.

As far as the Supervisor Webview account goes, I ended up creating a WebView user for each Supervisor, and the Supervisors never used the Webview user created by agent promotion, because of the silly restrictions to seeing just the team reports. They needed to see the real time Call Type reports to see the queued calls on the call types.

CUIS addresses this and although the learning curve is steep, the results appear to be worth it. Don't invest too much energy in WebView.

Regards,

Geoff

Actions

This Discussion