cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hi

tiger_401
Level 1
Level 1

I hope you must understand everything once you see the configuration. We are using 16 PSTN analog lines which are directly connected to the router.The problem which I am facing is that when anybody calls from cisco ip phone to land line number, the land line phone displays the different number other than the number from it is receiving the call.

I trouble shoot this issue by using the command show voice call status but every time the router picks the voice port randomly.

There are no hunting lines in the PBX either. I want to restrict the caller to use the same port which is assigned to him.

Can anybody help me in this regard. I will be very thankful.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Mukarram, it's good to hear that I was able to assist you, and that you resolved your problem.

Best regards

Allan.

View solution in original post

What I believe you are looking for is speed-dials, which you configure directly on the ephone via the CLI.

Alternatively the user can add them through the user CME administration GUI, log into the CME administration using the username and password created under the same ephone:-

ephone 1

username "Test1" password cisco

speed-dial 1 1002 label "Test-Phone2"

type 7970

button 1:x

!

ephone 2

username "Test2" password cisco

speed-dial 1 1001 label "Test-Phone1"

type 7970

button 1:y

The following section of the CME Admin GUI details how to enable the GUI:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmegui.html

The PIN feature that you refer to, is specifically for call-blocking. For example you may have configured call-blocking restrictions at certain time of day. In order to override this, the user inputs the PIN assigned:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeblock.html

For configuring extension mobility please refer to the following guide:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmemobl.html

Hope this helps.

Allan.

Pls rate helpful posts..

Hi Mukarram, hope you are well.

I suspect that the outgoing dial-peer is not being matched when you dial using the trunk selection.

Have you tried to configure a different trunk access number, for example 91, 55 or any other number other than A1?

Please capture a debug voice ccapi inout when you attempt to make an outbound call from a 7921. This should clarify whether the appropriate outbound dial-peer is being matched, which is doesn't appear to be.

Hope this helps.

Allan.

18 Replies 18

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

If I understand the problem correctly, you basically require the calling party number of the IP Phone presented correctly on the land line, and therefore require the call to be routed out of the appropriate FXO voice-port?

If this is the case then simplest solution would be to use trunk access on the ephone-dn and change the appropriate voice-port destination pattern.

You can configure ephone-dns to support FXO lines which will allow phones to have private lines connected directly to the PSTN. This config should give you an idea:-

ephone-dn 1 dual-line

number 5775194

trunk 91

!

!

ephone-dn 2 dual-line

number 5775205

trunk 92

!

!

ephone-dn 3 dual-line

number 5775226

trunk 93

!

!

dial-peer voice 5 pots

answer-address 5775194

destination-pattern ^91T

port 0/1/0

!

dial-peer voice 6 pots

answer-address 5775205

destination-pattern ^92T

port 0/1/1

!

dial-peer voice 7 pots

answer-address 5775226

destination-pattern ^93T

port 0/1/2

One thing to note, for dual-line ephone-dns, the second channel cannot receive incoming calls when the trunk command is configured.

Hope this helps

Allan.

Pls rate helpful posts.

Thanks Sir. Thanks a lot. I really appreciate your response.

Yes you are right. The main issue of my post is that the router should not have to pick the voice port randomdly out of the 16 FXO ports and place the call. For example if you see the configuration voice-port 0/0/0 is assigned this number 5775477. But when the user calls from his ip phone to any land line number the land line number displays the different number other than from which it is receiving the call. It displays any random number from the same 16 numbers assigned to the voice ports.

When i trouble shoot this issuse by using the command show voice call status, the router picks the voice port randomly. Infact it should pick the same port which is assigned to the ip phone, so that when any ip phone user makes a call it should use its own port and in this way it will display the its own number on the land line phone display.

As far as your configuration is concerned i am not able to understand what this command will do i.e. destination-pattern ^91T . Can you please explain your configuration. Will your configuration fullfil my requirment. And kindly tell me how the user can make outgoing calls. I hope all the points are clear to you. Your consideration in this regard will highly be commendable.

Waiting for your response. Thanks once again.

The trunk command under the ephone-dn specifically seizes the appropriate outgoing voice-port, depending on to the dial-peer destination-pattern.

Take ephone-dn 1 for example:-

ephone-dn 1 dual-line

number 5775194

trunk 91

!

dial-peer voice 5 pots

answer-address 5775194

destination-pattern ^91T

port 0/1/0

!

Here the ephone-dn trunk is configured as 91, as is the destination-pattern for the outgoing dial-peer that this user should be using.

As soon ephone-dn 1 goes off-hook, dial-peer 5 is matched as digits 91 are already collected. The user is not expected to dial 91, this is transparent to the user. The user simply goes off-hook and enters the called number as usual.

Lets say the user dialled 0123456789, the actual collected digits will be 910123456789, the pots dial-peer will strip 91 and forward 0123456789 to the telco.

I have user 91, 92 as an example you can configured what is appropriate for you, as long as they match on the ephone-dn and dial-peer.

Configure one ephone-dn and dial-peer at first to test it, then you change the others if it meets your expectations.

Hope this helps.

Allan.

Pls rate helpful posts.

Thanks for your reply. I will test it and will let you know. Thanks for your explanation.

Regards,

Hi Mukarram, glad to help :-) Keep us posted, hope all goes well.

Allan.

Dear Sir,

Sorry for bothering you once again. I need your help and support as i m new in cisco field. I have implemented IPTX in my office. I have one operator phone 7931. I need to configure buttons on it. Can you please help me in this regard. Can you please give me some guidence or some sample configuration so that i can understand how to implement it.

Below is the configuration of operator ephone-dn and ephone:

!

ephone-dn 11 dual-line

number 4250

label AHMED AL KHWAJA

name AHMED AL KHWAJA

call-forward busy 4000

call-forward noan 4000 timeout 20

hold-alert 30 originator

!

!

!

ephone 18

device-security-mode none

mac-address 001B.D4C7.1184

username "T4250"

type 7931

button 1:11

!

Waiting for your response.

Regards,

Malik

In order for 7931 to use Directories, Settings you have need to assign a specific template.

There are two button-sets for the 7931, button-set 1 and button-set 2, the later provides directory access.

See the button-set command from this CME guide:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/command/reference/cme_b1ht.html#wp1021058

After you assign the template to the ephone-dn, these additional buttons will be on the handset.

ephone-template 1

softkeys idle Newcall Redial Pickup Dnd Gpickup Cfwdall

softkeys seized Redial Endcall Cfwdall Gpickup Pickup

softkeys alerting Endcall Callback

softkeys connected Endcall Hold Trnsfer Confrn Park

softkeys ringing Answer Dnd

button-layout 7931 2

ephone 18

ephone-template 1

Also take a look at this document, it discusses changing fixed line feature buttons for the 7931:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmelabel.html

Hope this helps

Allan.

Pls rate helpful posts.

Dear Sir,

As far as my first issue is concerned. The caller ID one. I tested it in my office but it didnt work. I m not able to make outgoing calls. Neither i can hear dial tone in my ip phone. I did the same configuration as u mentioned in your post. Can you please guide me in this regard. What other possiblity can be.

Regards,

Mukarram.

Dear Sir,

Today i tested that caller ID issue scenario again. And it worked. Like i was able to make outgoing call from the assigned FXO port and receive call from the same port. Below is the sample configuration.

!

ephone-dn 1 dual-line

number 8579210

trunk A1

!

!

ephone-dn 2 dual-line

number 8572138

trunk A2

!

!

ephone-dn 3 dual-line

number 8579206

trunk A3

!

!

ephone-dn 4 dual-line

number 8573083

trunk A4

!

!

ephone 1

mac-address 0021.5504.95D6

type 7911

button 1:1

!

!

!

ephone 2

mac-address 001C.58FB.2EB7

type 7911

button 1:2

!

!

!

ephone 3

mac-address 001C.58FB.3FD6

type 7911

button 1:3

!

!

!

ephone 4

mac-address 001C.58FB.2D76

type 7911

button 1:4

!

!

dial-peer voice 1 pots

answer-address 8579210

destination-pattern A1

port 0/2/0

!

dial-peer voice 2 pots

answer-address 8572138

destination-pattern A2

port 0/2/1

!

dial-peer voice 4 pots

answer-address 8579206

destination-pattern A3

port 0/2/2

!

dial-peer voice 5 pots

answer-address 8573083

destination-pattern A4

port 0/2/3

!

The concept is same as u mentioned in your post. But i dont know where i was doing some mistake.Please keep in touch with me. I need your help and support.

Regards,

Mukarram.

Hi Mukarram, it's good to hear that I was able to assist you, and that you resolved your problem.

Best regards

Allan.

Dear Sir,

Attached is the configuration of my CME router. I have one 7970 ip phone in my office i need to utilize the buttons on the right side of the phone. Like i want to configure it in such a way that when i press the buttons the call should transfer to other extension. For example the current extention of 7970 is 4284 i want to use the buttons on the phone in such a way that when i press the button it should ring to my extension that is 4283. In this way i need to configure rest of the buttons.

Can you add sample configuration in my attached configuration. So it will help me to get the concept.

Another thing is that i assigned some users to enter their pin so that they can login to their phone and can make outgoing calls. But the pin is not working. Can you please give me any idea about that.

Thanks for your consideration.

Regards,

Mukarram.

What I believe you are looking for is speed-dials, which you configure directly on the ephone via the CLI.

Alternatively the user can add them through the user CME administration GUI, log into the CME administration using the username and password created under the same ephone:-

ephone 1

username "Test1" password cisco

speed-dial 1 1002 label "Test-Phone2"

type 7970

button 1:x

!

ephone 2

username "Test2" password cisco

speed-dial 1 1001 label "Test-Phone1"

type 7970

button 1:y

The following section of the CME Admin GUI details how to enable the GUI:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmegui.html

The PIN feature that you refer to, is specifically for call-blocking. For example you may have configured call-blocking restrictions at certain time of day. In order to override this, the user inputs the PIN assigned:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeblock.html

For configuring extension mobility please refer to the following guide:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmemobl.html

Hope this helps.

Allan.

Pls rate helpful posts..

Dear Sir,

I am facing one problem and i need your help in this regard.

I hope you remmember we discussed one issue regarding caller ID. The thing i need to discuss with you is that i implemented the configuration which i have attached. But Sir the problem is that with this configuration the normal 7911 cisco ip phones are working fine, i can make calls and receive calls and they are using the same ports with are assigned to them. But the wireless cisco ip phones 7921 are not able to make calls but they can receive calls. Whenever i dial number from any wireless ip phone it gives busy tone. Can you please help me in this regard i will be very thank full to you. Please note one thing that i m also using one port 0/0/2 for fax. Any suggestion or tip will be very helpful to me.

Thanks & Regards,

Mukarram.

Curious, do you not get one way audio when you call in from the PSTN to the 7921 IP Phone?

Can you confirm whether the 7921 and 7911 share a common VLAN? There are two fastethernet interfaces on the gateway and only a single a default-route. Therefore I would expect the default gateway to be the ip address of either fa0/0 or fa0/1?

Verify the reachability between your AP and the switch which you IP Phone is connected.

Can you clarify the topology of the LAN, where the AP is in respect of the IP Phone and gateway, is it on a different switch and VLAN?

Hope this helps

Allan.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: