cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSH session failing connecting to remote server

damrut5763
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user who once they connect outbound via VPN client to a customer. Can't establish a SSH session to the customer server. When I place them on the outside of the firewall the connection is successfull. I check the config nothing is block going out I think need help. I have a ASA5540 with the IPS Module not sure if either is causing the problem.

4 Replies 4

SOL10
Level 1
Level 1

it wont necessarily be outbound traffic being blocked. I assume that once they are connected to the VPN they are assigned an IP address from the VPN pool, and maybe this VPN Pool has not been configured for SSH connectivity on your customers firewall.

can you please post the config?

According to my user he can connect from home with no problem. He is assign the same IP address on the customer VPN. However when he is in our office he can't do it. Do you still need to see my config?

it would be helpful. Are you sure he is assigned an IP from the same pool? if he is then i cant think of any reason why he cant connect. When he is in your office and the VPN tunnel is established, can he ping the server concerned?? can he ping or connect to any other servers on the subnet??

Some times but I also have account so I can troubleshoot and I don't experience any problem inside my network.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card