- Silver, 250 points or more
Community Spotlight Award,
Best Publication, November 2015
We have a customer that has a corrupted AD forest. This is Unity 5.0/Server 2003/Primary-failover Unity/2 off board Exchange servers/DCs. We've had Microsoft look at it, and they are saying the only way to fix this is to rebuild the forest from scratch.
This is a VM only integration, but it has the following interesting statistics associated with it:
4327 Licensed users
214 call handlers
3 separate mail stores across the two storage groups (1 per exchange server).
I was considering doing the following:
1. Build a new Server 2003 AD.
2. Build up Exchange servers.
3. Build up Unity
4. Use DIRT tool to restore all users/messages/user settings/call handlers/create accounts/etc.
My questions on this:
1. Total storage on exchange servers is less than 10 gig. Can DIRT handle a backup with messages of this size?
2. When a DIRT restore is run with multiple mail stores on multiple servers, I'm assuming the restore will put everyone back into a single mail store. This is okay, but I need to be certain it will work.