cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

help with wlan not working

srosenthal
Level 4
Level 4

I have a network of multiple WiSM' in different locations. Each has the same SSID's configured. They are all in the same mobility domain. They can all see each other when I look under mobility groups.

The problem I am having is that my guest SSID allows people to connect but are not getting a DHCP address. I verified the DHCP server is working with plenty of leases available. If I hard code the IP address on a laptop I still cannot get out. It appears that I am not getting from one remote WiSM thru to the main WiSM and out to the internet. This was up and running but stopped.

Seth

10 Replies 10

krishanmistry
Level 1
Level 1

I'm guessing one of Wism is Achoring the Guest traffic, you will need to make sure both WLANs configured the same, to ensure both the data and control paths are up.

That is correct and all paths are up. The mobility group shows up and I verified that the mobility group name is correct on each WiSM, the WLAN ssid is exactly the same and the Virtual IP address is 1.1.1.1 on all WiSM.

We will reboot the WiSM tonight at midnight to see if that clears it up.

All the users who associate to the host WiSM direct work fine. User at the other WiSM's do not.

Seth

Lets hope that does the job keep us informed.

Good luck

Ok, got to reboot all the WiSM's and still cannot get this WLAN to work.

Any suggestions?

Seth

Out of curiousity are all the controllers running the same software version?

yes, all are running the exact same version.

Just an update, I did both and MPING and an EPING from the WiSM and both work.

Any suggestions as to why I still cannot get this guest WLAN working?

Seth

Is the DNS address reachable from all controllers?

That I will have to verify. Does DNS even come into play in this as each WiSM knows about the others because they have been configured in each WiSM.

Seth

Can u run the following debugs

1. Debug Client

2. Debug DHCP ...

and check what is happening

Thanks

Vinay

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card