Unable to record and monitor CAD Agent

Unanswered Question

Need help in identifying the issue involving the following:

I have three CAD agents running IPCC Express 4.0 CAD 6.1(5)(Premium Version) Build 6.1.4.5. I am able to monitor & record all but one of the CAD's. This particular CAD phone is configured identical to the other two (Enabled PC Port & PC Voice VLAN Access) and is on the same VLAN and subnet as the other CAD's. And have ran Postinstall successfully. The only difference is this CAD is running from a MAC using "Parallels Desktop for MACs".

I'd appreciate any insight in resolving this issue.

Thank you,

Kevin

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Jonathan Schulenberg Thu, 11/13/2008 - 15:13

I doubt that will work. You can test this by running WireShark inside of Parallels and see if the networking stack is passing the voice VLAN-tagged traffic into the OS. If the packets aren't seen, CAD can't capture them and forward the traffic to the appropriate CSD user or recording service.

How are you networking the guest OS in Parallels? Bridging or NATing? Like schulenberg said, if those RTP packets are not being picked up by CAD it won't work.

Try changing the way you're networking the guest OS to see if it works. I don't know if you can do it in Parallels but I know your can in VMware.

Also, is the NIC the same as the others? we once ran into an issue with NICs not supporting premiouscous mode and CAD not being able to monitor/record.

d.menkel Thu, 04/16/2009 - 17:09

I have a customer that is on IPCC 7 with CallManager 7. It is a small call center but most of the agents are using a MAC. They are running a Windows VM environment (Fusion)within the MAC OS. The nics are currently running in bridge mode, and I am unable to record or monitor these agents. I plan on installing WireShark on the VM but wanted to see if anyone has experienced this as well.

Jonathan Schulenberg Thu, 04/16/2009 - 18:22

If the customer is on CCX 7 and using Macs I would recommend trying CAD Browser Edition and just SPANing the voice VLAN on the switches to the second NIC of the CCX server. That would probably be easier than screwing around with getting the phone traffic into the VM.

Dear Kevin,

We experienced the same issue and it was a NIC matter. The NIC wasn't able to treat properly the VLAN tagging info received and sent that is required for monitoring and recording. For these, monitoring and recording with IPCCX resources, the one sending the RTP (the "voice") is the agent's PC and it should send it properly tagged.

The easiest test is to plug in the same port a PC that is working properly in another port.

/Amaia

Actions

This Discussion