Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Follow me transfers.

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

I am trying to do this.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/7x/release/notes/702curelnotes.html#wp93708

but transfer (contact rules) apparently are only invoked through a call handler (calling the subscriber though the opening greeting) and not calling the subscriber directly.

This is understandable however it is not reasonable as follow me implies that you will get to the subscriber no matter where they are. It would not make sense to call the opening greeting first when I can call the subscribers ext directly.

This is new in Unity 7 however it is the same with the alternate greeting in older versions of Unity.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Randy,

Looks like it says it right there in the explanation that it's for dialing off the auto-attendant and not when dialing subscribers directly.

"which provide subscribers additional control over where to route callers that are trying to reach them through the Cisco Unity automated attendant"

"the Follow-Me rules control how Cisco Unity handles incoming indirect calls, which are from callers who do not dial subscribers directly"

Sounds like it's a limitation of the feature, only working off a call handler... doesn't sound like your setup caters to this if I understand correctly.

Brad

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Randy,

Looks like it says it right there in the explanation that it's for dialing off the auto-attendant and not when dialing subscribers directly.

"which provide subscribers additional control over where to route callers that are trying to reach them through the Cisco Unity automated attendant"

"the Follow-Me rules control how Cisco Unity handles incoming indirect calls, which are from callers who do not dial subscribers directly"

Sounds like it's a limitation of the feature, only working off a call handler... doesn't sound like your setup caters to this if I understand correctly.

Brad

Hoping there is a way around this cause my users are getting to it in the TUI and asking why it doesn't work, I guess I can take it out with the Key Map tool.

Randy

Can you try a dummy call handler that plays a second silence and transfers to the subscriber. That will inevitably mean hitting the call handler.

We already know it is hitting the call handler for sure. Here are Brads test results.

I called 7001 directly, rolled to VM and played greeting

I called pilot and * to get to opening greeting, then dialed 7001, the call transfer setting was invoked and I was transferred to the greeting of another subscriber as I had configured.

Randy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: