cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the real meaning of RMON rising-threshold value?

eleibowitz
Level 1
Level 1

The CSS command reference for RMON alarm config parameter 'rising-threshold' describes it as, "Threshold for the rising sample type. Enter an integer from 0 to 4294967295." If the RMON alarm type is 'absolute' and the alarm variable is CPU utilization (apChassisMgrExtCpuUtilization), then exactly what does the integer value represent? I assume that since utilization is a percentage, then the highest integer (4294967295) is equal to 100%, the lowest (0) is 0% and all other values are proportional (e.g., 2147483648=50%). Is my assumption correct?

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

carenas123
Level 5
Level 5

To set an alarm on any MIB object, use the rmon alarm global configuration command. Use the no form of this command to disable the alarm. rmon alarm number variable interval {delta | absolute} rising-threshold value [event-number] falling-threshold value [event-number] [owner string]

where the rising-thresholdvalue means Value at which the alarm is triggered

Thanks, Carlos. I understand the command but the actual value is what is puzzling. Given the range of 0 to 4294967295, what do those values represent? If I am monitoring CPU utilization or memory usage, for example, does 4294967295 mean 100%?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: