cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAE Network Modules

aarondailey
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to use multiple WAE-302 network modules in a single router for a medium sized site, instead of using a single 502?

5 Replies 5

a.tyuckachev
Level 1
Level 1

I think you can. I didn't find any limitation in data sheets and config guides for WAAS software.

But WAE-302 supports only Transport license while WAE-502 can be used with Enterprise license.

With the 302 and transport licensing, you won't be able to run any of the Advanced Features of WAAS. Only TFO, DRE, and LZ. No CIFS, MAPI, HTTP, etc that are available in 4.1.x, or even the CIFS adapter in 4.0. Those all require the Enterprise License and at least the 502.

Dan

Thank you guys for the info. I was aware of the licensing info, I was just curious if there were any limitations of using multiple 302s in a 2851 for a site that needs more capacity than just one 302. I am hoping I can configure (2) 302s to act as, say a 502?

No this is not possible,

The 2851 supports 4 x HWIC / WIC modules but only one network module.

This is true for all 2811, 2121 and 51

no nme support for 2801

see data sheet

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5854/ps5882/product_data_sheet0900aecd8016fa68_ps5854_Products_Data_Sheet.html

Ok, I have seen the reference you make here. I appreciate everyone's help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: