I finally got PUB upgraded to CUCU126.96.36.1991, the DMA utility was a lot of fun, not.
Now I am trying to upgrade their SUB, one thing I did not count on, was the versions.
I started out with the 6.0.1a install/upgrade disc
Then I did the DMA import of the Database, etc. everything looked good.
Upgraded to 188.8.131.520-13,
Then upgraded to 184.108.40.2061.4, the PUB is good, had to correct a several fields in the phone and DN screens, no big deal.
Now the SUB upgrade process fails because the SUB's CUCM version IS 220.127.116.110-3, which does not match the version that the PUB is currently running, CUCU18.104.22.1681.
In hindsight I should have left the PUB's CUCM ver at 6.0.1, got the SUB installed with 6.0.1, then upgraded the versions.