Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS on CIsco 877

shawkatalvi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I am trying to deploy a test project. Two Cisco 877 routers would be connected over ethernet connection(in between radio connection). Please note that, I am not using the ADSL connection here at all. As cisco 877 has 4 ethernet ports, I am connecting fa0 port of one router through the radio connection to the fa0 port of another router. We would be plugging in a device which would deliver high quality audio. Our goal is to receive the audio the other end without distortion. Is it possible to apply QoS only one fast ethernet ports only, as we are not using ADSL connection at all, I am little bit cocerned here as this would work or not! Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Shawkat,

you should be able.

It is possible that you need to apply the QoS features to an SVI Vlan interface because some 8xx treat their 4 FE as switch ports.

If so, it is important to have only the FE connected to the radio link associated to that Vlan: in this way the QoS settings applied to interface Vlan become settings on the FE.

Be aware that some IOS versions allow to use only two Vlans.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Did you get this to work, because it sounds like you are trying to use the 877 as a wireless bridge, which I am not sure it can do. Both 877's wireless interfaces are trying to be master. If you want to create a wireless bridge you can use on 877 and another Wireless extender like the Linksys wireless bridge: http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_Product_C2&childpagename=US%2FLayout&cid=1134692497433&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper&lid=9743339789B05

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: