Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA-MC report generating error

Hi All,

When I tried to generate reports on csa-mc it displays the following error.

CSA-Error:

CSAMC package seems to be incomplete.

Java component is required for generating reports

i am using csa 5.2.0.263 version

any idea about this.

10 Replies 10

issue rectified.

we need to copy JRE binaries in to C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\CSAMC\Java folder.

Thanks for coming back and posting the solution. Hopefully it will help others.

Hi Dileep,

I also wanted to thank you for posting the solution and give you a "5" from NYC.

Best,

Paul

Could you please be more specific about what was copied where? I am experiencing the same problem but can't recreate your solution. I've called the TAC and their response is to upgrade the MC.

-MS

Hi Mike, just a guess here but I believe you can copy the C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\CSAMC\Java folder from a working MC.

Check Add\Remove programs for the presence of J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 6 or later.

It should be present and installed in C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\CSAMC\Java for it to work properly.

Tom

Tom,

We currently only have the one MC and the java directory doesn't exist there. J2SE RE6 is installed on the machine, but it's installation path isn't within the CSAMC root.

If I'm reading your response right, I would need to have J2SE RE6 installed within the CSAMC root for it to work properly, correct?

-Mike

I believe that is so. It is installed there as part of the MC install, hence TACs suggestion to do an upgrade.

Copying the folder there might do the trick since the report generation looks for the binaries there.

My suggestion was to copy the folder from your test MC. What? You don't run a CSAMC on a test VM?

Just kidding (though it has saved my hide a number of times).

You may be able to use copy of JS2E RE5 from another machine. I don't know if 6 is supported since it wasn't part of the install.

My 5.2.262 install has 1.5.0.60 AKA JS2E 5.0 update 6.

Tom

Tom,

Good point about 5.0 vs 6.0. I'm hoping to get a test MC spun up in the next few weeks, just don't have anything at the moment.

Regarding copying the folder from another machine: Is the Java folder that gets placed in the CSAMC root the same folder that would normally get installed as C:\Program Files\Java\, or is a subset of that?

I'll see if I can't get J2SE 5.0 on there... Thanks!

-Mike

It looked very similar to me.

Good luck.

Tom

Mike,

On your server JRE by default installed in c:\program files\java\jre1.X\*

need to copy all files and folders after jre1.X to

c:\program files\Cisco systems\CSAMC\java

If java folder not there create one.

Dileep

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: