Helpful
Replies

Wrong CUPC login status displayed

benoitb
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm using CUPS7.0, and CUPC7.0.

I'm logged in CUPC, and if I go to Presence server administration webpages, in Presence viewer (User Management>End User>my user name), the login status for CUPC shows 'Logged Out'.

I cannot understand. This is also true for all other users.

This does not prevent the application to be operational, but I use ARC console, and I'm trying to integrate CUPS presence. And it seems I cannot get the presence information into ARC because of that wrong login status.

Any idea?

Regards,

Benoit

6 Replies 6

DOUG DAVIDSON
Level 5
Level 5

Does you login user id have a space in it? If so that is the problem. I have the same issue the CUPS status of users.

I think it it supposed to be fixed in 7.0.4.

HTH,

Doug

Unfortunately not, my user id is 'benoitb'. And all users have the same syntax.

It must be something else... hope someone had the same behaviour.

Thanks,

Benoît

Hello,

I found something perhaps interesting.

The user ID is exactly BenoitB with lower case (imported from LDAP in CUCM).

In presence viewer, if user ID is BenoitB and View from perspective of BenoitB, the login status is Logged Out.

If I type benoitb, the login status shows the green icon...

That's quite strange.

Rgds,

Benoit

Based on your findings about the case of the userid I went back and looked into mine a little further and am seeing similar. I get different results is the case is upper or lower on the user ID.

Sounds like yet another bug with the viewer.

As I understand it's not a bug, it's a feature.

We've got the same problem and Cisco said that we have to use the same usernames in CUCM as in LDAP to be able to add users.

CUPC client will search in LDAP and return username from LDAP directory.

Hi Guys

This issue is a bug in CUPS/CUCM somewhere - related to the case sensitivity of the usernames as you say

Check out Bug IDs: CSSsr41343 or CSCsv07585

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: