Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple line groups on one extension

tyroneclark
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am currently configurating a Cisco 7962G - and the associated device profiles.

The device has extension mobility and an extension (directory number) assigned to it. The device profile which is loaded when logged in needs to have several Line Group pickups - but using the same extension (lets say this is #1234 for arguements sake).

I have been able to add the extension to the relevant line groups, but when i try and assign that particular line group to a DN to be displayed on the screen of the device I get the following error;

Access to the requested resource has been denied.

The attempted action was a violation of security protocols and will not be allowed. Please try another action.

Can anyone help me get around this or let me know how this might be solved - maybe im doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Tyrone

1 Reply 1

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

I don't even understand what you're trying to do but cannot help to think that this is a ccm configuration issue and thus needs to be dealt with in the subforum that deals with ccm configuration issues.

And there's definitely no such thing as Line Group pickups.. there are Line Groups (multiple LGs can form a HuntList which in term can be attached on a HuntGroup - and only a HG has a directory number). A Line group consists of 0 - n regular Directory Numbers (those on devices / user device profiles)

Then there's Call Pickup Group which is an entirely different animal.. they have a directory number, and you can assign a regular Directory Number to a call pickup group.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: