Views
Helpful
Replies

Synchronizing LDAP Contacts

jamieparr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Can Microsoft AD contacts be synchronized with CUCM6.0.1? We are synchronizing users and were previously syncing contacts but this mysteriously stopped working. Do contacts sync by default or is there a setting somewhere that needs enabling?

Thanks

8 Replies 8

Not applicable

The following directories are supported by Unified CM for synchronization:

Microsoft Active Directory (AD) 2000 and 2003

Netscape Directory Server 4.x, iPlanet Directory Server 5.1, and Sun ONE Directory Server 5.2

LDAP Directory Integration:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/6x/directry.html#wp1045117

I know that Microsoft AD is supported.

What I want to know is if contacts as well as user accounts can be synchronized in to the corporate sirectory.

Hi,

As long as the users/contact have the telephone id filled in, they can be syncronised. In the past I have only seen where AD users are synchronized.

Please rate all useful posts

Thanks for the info. Like I said we had it synchronizing before, all of a sudden it stopped working.

Can't figure out why, not sure where we should start looking

Have you tried to do a re-sync?

Yes we automatically sync every 6 hours and perform manual syncs when we need to bring in newly added users qucikly.

There are 2 things you may want to try.

1. Check the user defined in the LDAP manager distinguisher name and its password

2. Try a manual re-sycn to see if it works.

You may want to change the user first and see what happens...

3. You may also want to restart the dirsync service in callmanager

I have tried all these things, nothing seems to bring back our config to the way it was.

Thank you for your suggestions

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: