cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAE Update Status Errors

dragland11
Level 1
Level 1

I recently updated all the WAEs on our network to 4.1.1c. The updates went fairly well with only a few bumps. However, now, under "Software Version", two of the devices show update errors. One is "cancelled" and the other "Updatefailed". These did actually update successfully and are working well. How can I remove those update failure notices?

4 Replies 4

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Dan,

Can you please provide a system report from one of the WAEs (with the error message) and a copy of the Central Manager database?

Thanks,

Zach

raghu_ccie
Level 1
Level 1

Can you please advise how long it took for you to upgrade per box?

Also what version did you upgrade from?

What was the upgrade process you used? Did you pre-position the files etc?

Appreciate all the help as we are looking to upgrade but are scared to do so due to the differences between 4.0 and 4.1.

You can upgrade a couple of ways:

I prefer to upgrade the central manager first with a recovery CD. Once booted off recovery CD choose option 7, this will install the new image after reboot.

I then did a copy FTP install for NME and core appliance.

I downloaded free ftp server to my laptop.

other option is to tell CM where to get software and upgrade using CM GUI to devices and schedule a reload. Upgrading to the latest does not take effect until reload.

First option took me 30- 40 minutes.

Is there any reconfiguration involved if we upgrade from 4.0.17 to 4.1.1?

Also CIFS, pre-positioning etc? Does everything work fine after upgrade?

We won't be able to get the disk to all the remotes. So the best thing would be copy ftp install.

Does copy ftp install also update the flash if we point to the bin image?