cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Redundant ISP and IPSEC - ASA 5505

rasoftware
Level 1
Level 1

I'm after a bit of advice concerning the ASAS5505 with IP Plus. I am aware it can do redundant ISP links using a basic IP track. My question is if I have two of these will my IPSEC tunnels work and switch outbound routes ok?

I intend to have two ISP on one end and just 1 on the other end. In the event one of the DSL lines failed on the dual ISP and internet traffic failed over to the backup would I have any issues with getting my VPN to switch?

I have done something similar with a router in front of PIX before which worked ok using multiple peer addresses.

Thanks guys,

1 Reply 1

carenas123
Level 5
Level 5

The two units in a failover configuration must have the same hardware configuration. They must be the same model, have the same number and types of interfaces, and the same amount of RAM.

Make sure that The two units do not need to have the same size Flash memory. If you use units with different Flash memory sizes in your failover configuration, make sure the unit with the smaller Flash memory has enough space to accommodate the software image files and the configuration files. If it does not, configuration synchronization from the unit with the larger Flash memory to the unit with the smaller Flash memory fails.

Here is the URL for the configuaration with example it may help you http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a0080834058.shtml#intro

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: