I have a pretty good size network. A MDF and 6 IDF's. In the past I configured all my IDF's as their own VLAN. All ports going out to the IDF's were configured for particular VLAN's and this worked pretty well. Due to some internal changes I am going to reconfigure my connection ports as trunks, so I will have the ability to put a specific VLAN on any port in the company. As part of this I will be using VTP. I have a few questions regarding the configuration of VTP. Here they are:
1. I have several offices where I will be deploying VTP. Should I use a separate VTP domain in each office?
2. Should I enable VTP pruning?
3. Should I use a VTP password?
4. Is there any way to configure a second VTP server for redundancy?
5. Any best practices anyone can recommend?