cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM Devices stuck at 10%

dionjiles
Level 1
Level 1

I have an issue with about 340 devices stuck at learning state.

I have removed .Net 2.0 and 3.0 framework

I am running LMS 3.1 with DFM 3.1.0, I have already re-initialized the DFM database but

the devices are still stuck at 10%

Here are the steps I took to re-initialized database.

To reinitialize the DFM 3.0.x databases do the following:

NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmInv dmprefix=INV

NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmEpm dmprefix=EPM

NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmFh dmprefix=FH

Delete NMSROOT\objects\smarts\local\repos\icf\DFM.rps and DFM1.rps.

Please help this is a new server that put into production last night.

16 Replies 16

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure there server's fully-qualified domain name is resolvable. Also, post the output of pdshow.

C:\>nslookup hwpmg608.corp.citistreet.org

Server: hwpdc500.corp.citistreet.org

Address: 172.18.18.100

Name: hwpmg608.corp.citistreet.org

Address: 172.18.20.11

Is this is what you asking for?

This assumes that hwpmg608.corp.citistreet.org is the name that shows up under My Computer > Properties > Identification. If so, then this is fine.

The pdshow also looks good. Please post the NMSROOT/objects/smarts/local/logs/DFM.log and DFM1.log as well as the NMSROOT/log/dfmLogs/TIS/TISServer.log.

No problem...

DFM still thinks your hostname is HWPMG900. Did you reboot the server after making the hostname change?

I sure did several times since last night around 6 or 7. How can I fix this?

Shutdown Daemon Manager, then delete NMSROOT\objects\smarts\local\repos\broker\broker.rps. Then restart Daemon Manager. This assumes that the COMPUTERNAME environment variable as seen in the output of the DOS SET command shows the correct hostname.

Would it hurt to reinitialize the database again as well?

No, but it shouldn't be necessary.

I just performed those steps....so should I give it a hour or so to check back on it?

Looks like they are at 10% now....

Depends. What does the DFM.log say now? If the error about the old hostname has gone away, then I would give DFM some more time, else there is still a problem.

Looks like hwpmg900 is still being a pain.....I will have to re-initialize the database I assume now.

No. Please post the output of "pdreg -l DfmServer" as well as the NMSROOT\lib\classpath\md.properties file, and the output of SET from a DOS prompt.

Please see attached.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco