cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mirroring of PPoE Q-in-Q traffic

mgupta
Level 1
Level 1

I am receiving a PPPoEoQinQ mirrored traffic from another Huawei switch to 3560G switch. I am able to see this traffic on 3560G port. When I mirror this traffic (SPAN Configuration) to destination port, the traffic is zero on destination port. i.e I am not able to mirror this traffic. Where is the limitation. When the traffic is received as normal L3 packets the 3560G mirrors it and same traffic as available on destination port.

1 Reply 1

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello ,

try yo add the keywords

encapsulation replicate

For local SPAN, if the encapsulation replicate keywords are specified for the destination port, these packets appear with the original encapsulation (untagged, ISL, or 802.1Q). If these keywords are not specified, packets appear in the untagged format. Therefore, the output of a local SPAN session with encapsulation replicate enabled can contain a mixture of untagged, 802.1Q, or ISL tagged packets

see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3560/software/release/12.2_25_sea/configuration/guide/swspan.html#wp1200733

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco