CVP - What is CVP studio?; Is it Eclipse?

Unanswered Question

What is CVP studio? I know is the cisco tool to create cisco voice xml applications (scripts) but is it Eclipse?

Is Eclipse used at all for CVP?

We are going to be upgrading from ICM 6 QM 3.5 to ICM 7.X and CVP (what ever the current ver is) and I was wondering about the way the scripts are created.

I know I need to read the cisco SRND and the user and config guides for CVP, so please don't reply with the links to them; I know how to find them.

I want to get some explanation in lamest terms.

thank you

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
david.macias Sat, 11/15/2008 - 15:03
User Badges:
  • Blue, 1500 points or more

Yes, the IDE is Eclipse, writing CVP apps involves mostly Java in order to write VXML. It is nothing like writing an IVR script for Cisco's IP IVR.

david

Riccardo Bua Mon, 11/17/2008 - 08:53
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

The underlying IDE is Eclipse, there is a custom RAD applet built by Cisco with some elements written to help you with VXML scripting and invoking custom Java classes or ASR/TTS elements.

The script could be created within the Studio environment or by directly building VXML, it is still quite a different environment from QM.

Regards,

Riccardo

The applications you create in CVP Studio are deployed to a Tomcat (or WebSphere) application server incorporating an extensive set of classes called "Call Services". The applications provide information, in XML files, to Call Services so it can generate, on the fly, the necessary VXML pages required by the voice gateway.

Very different scripting environment to CRS indeed.

Regards,

Geoff

Actions

This Discussion