WCS reporting -128db

Unanswered Question

I have a WISM LWAPP deployment with 4 WISM blades (2 are for backup), 400 1231 and 1242 AP's. I use WCS to monitor the WLAN. My problem is tracking down why stationairy clients are frequently reporting through WCS a -128db signal strength when the client is located less than 50 feet from an AP. This is happening on all SSID's and in multiple buildings. It does not happen to all of the clients on a given AP, and does not seem to happen on all clients. It happens at random times. My thought is that WCS only polls clients every 10 minutes (I changed this from the default 15 minutes) so the signal loss indicated by -128db is probably happening much more frequently. This is happening to iPAQ's, tablets, symbol mc70's, laptops both windows and MAC.

I am also seeing very high MIC and FCS error counts.

Any suggestions on a command to monitor a client to see whats goiing on.

Thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
amritpatek Sat, 11/22/2008 - 19:05

You can use the WCS navigator. The Cisco WCS Navigator provides network administrators with easy, cost-effective access to information from multiple geographically diverse Cisco WCS management platforms. This innovative platform allows network managers to partition the unified wireless network at the management level.

Actions

This Discussion