CVP 7.0.2 Transfer Disconnects

Unanswered Question
Nov 16th, 2008

We are currently running 7.0.2 with an Ingress Gateway, VXML Gateway, Gatekeeper and CallServer. We can successful bring calls into CVP through the Ingress and perform prompt/collect/etc as needed via microapps. However, when we attempt to outdial a call using an ICM label to an offnet phone (cell, landline, etc), the call disconnects after approx 7 seconds, everytime. The outbound traffic is being routed back out the Ingress Gateway ports which have been provisioned for outbound. This was apparently not a problem prior to the upgrade of the system from 3.x to 7.0.2. Any ideas? We have the exact same deployment in another location and all seems well when we perform the same scenario. It's almost as if the Gateway is not detecting the connect when the call connects to the Called Party and then eventually just disconnects the entire call. However, I guess it could be the CallServer somehow not cleanly relinquishing control of the call? Thanks for any input you may have.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
cvenour Tue, 11/18/2008 - 20:00

At a guess, I would suggest that perhaps the call control dialogue is not reaching the dial peer at the Ingress GW, and allowing for retries is eventually aborting.

In this scenario, ICM is instructing the Call Server to initiate a Xfer of the call, so it is possible that you don't have a route pattern configured to handle the route back to the Ingress GW.

It might also be that the normal route patterns include leading digits that are not in the label.

C.

braclarke Tue, 11/18/2008 - 21:24

Try adding this command to your outgoing POTS dial-peer(s) on your gateway.

progress_ind alert strip

We had a similar problem on transfers with CVP/ICM.

Are you using SIP or H.323?

jpsweeney77 Wed, 11/19/2008 - 05:07

We are using H.323. We actually tried the 'progress_ind alert strip' with no success. After further review, it was discovered that the calls were using the hidden Dial Peer 0. Once a Dial Peer was built with the required settings (codec, dtmf relay, etc), all was well. Thanks for the replies!

Actions

This Discussion