cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 3750 Software Upgrade problem

daniel.tanch
Level 1
Level 1

I did a software upgrade on few 3750 via the UTP cable and TFTP but all of them are having the same issues. It seem like the packet keep dropping and it take a very long time to upgrade.

3750#archive download-sw /overwrite tftp://11.11.11.11/

c3750-i5-tar.122-20.SE.tar

Loading c3750-i5-tar.122-20.SE.tar .from 11.11.11.11 (via GigabitEthernet1/0/4):

!!!!0!!!0!!!!.!!!!!!!0!!!!!0!!0!!!!!!!!

6 Replies 6

Davy Ad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Daniel,

check if you have enough space to upgrade it.

HTH

DAk

Hi Alex,

There is enough storage space for the upgrade.

Daniel

Based on the output you have posted I would say you have a network issue - probably duplex mismatch on the port where the TFTP server is? Either that or the NIC is faulty.

Andy

Hi Andy,

I am using tftpd32 on local host. I also check on the duplex, everything is fine.

I also suspect that the NIC is faulty but I am able to surf net through the NIC. That the strange thing about it.

Daniel

How is the IP connection being established between the 3750 & the PC? Is it the same VLAN or are you using the 3750 as a layer-2 switch and routing between VLANs on another device? The packet loss could be somewhere else in the network.

If the access port and the VLAN interface you are attempting to TFTP from are the same then I would try another PC.

Andy

Hi Andy,

It in the same VLAN.

I will try to upgrade the NIC driver first if cannot I will try with another PC.

Daniel

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card