cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUOM 2.0.3 problem

melvin1988
Level 1
Level 1

I added my CUCM as a seed device, it seems that it cant spread the seed.I couldnt add in the ip phones. Another thing is that the CUCM i have added, the "Device Capabilities" is "UnknownMDFType". Can anyone help me with this? Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

CUOM 2.0.3 does not support CUCM 7.0 (only up to 6.1) and that is why you are seeing "UnknownMDFType".

CUOM 2.1 does support CUCM 7.0(1)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_unified_operations_manager/2.1/device_support/table/OMdvs21-sdt.html#wp52236

The IP phones will automatically be discovered once the CallManager is discovered since CUOM uses snmp queries to the CUCM to discover the phone information.

VMWare instances of CUCM that I have seen do not respond to the snmp object sysobjectid properly and that is why CUOM does not recognize them as MCS servers and therefore does not recognize them as CUCMs.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

mchin345
Level 6
Level 6

Verify the IP Phone is supported on your CUCM version. The Devices report displays a device's capability as “UnknownMDFType” when the device is not supported by Operations Manager.

The device displays a device's capability as “UnknownMDFType” is the CUCM, not the IP phone. Is it because my CUCM version is not supported?I currently using 7.0.1.11000-2. I'm able to downgrade to version 6.1. Are these versions supported by CUOM?

my CUCM is running on VM, is this the reason that makes the CUOM device's capability as "UnknownMDFType"?

I heared I guy from cisco say that this doesn't work because the VM doesn't always return the same SysObjectID which could be the source of your problem.

You can try that yourself.

I however do have a cluster with a publisher and a subscriber that are both on a VM and both are fully discovered by CUOM and appear in the "All devices" view in the Service level view.

CUOM however refuses the discover the cluster, while it see the clusters on real machines....

Cheers,

Michel

CUOM 2.0.3 does not support CUCM 7.0 (only up to 6.1) and that is why you are seeing "UnknownMDFType".

CUOM 2.1 does support CUCM 7.0(1)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_unified_operations_manager/2.1/device_support/table/OMdvs21-sdt.html#wp52236

The IP phones will automatically be discovered once the CallManager is discovered since CUOM uses snmp queries to the CUCM to discover the phone information.

VMWare instances of CUCM that I have seen do not respond to the snmp object sysobjectid properly and that is why CUOM does not recognize them as MCS servers and therefore does not recognize them as CUCMs.

THANKS A LOT spaladug !!! I have been looking for help for a long long time, finally someone can guide me to the right path! By the way, do you know when CUOM 2.1 releasing? Or it is already release?

Hi spaladug, recently I have installed the new version of CUOM and I have install the CUCM onto a physical. However, I still having the same problem. When i add my CUCM into CUOM, the device type is still "UnknownMDFType". All the services in CUCM that are stated on the instruction manual, I have them all enabled. Is there anything that I have missed out during the process of installation/adding device into the CUOM? Please advice. Thanks a lot =]

Try rediscovering it by going to modify/delete devices under device management. If that doesn't work then you will need to open a TAC case so we can troubleshoot that.

I have done that too, but it still doesnt work. How m I support to open a TAC case?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: