cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone reloads

kolawole1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a call manager solution and a poe switch.IP phones reloads frequently i changed the switch with a new one but the same thing.Can you help?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Oh, ok, I thought this might be a switch issue from your description but it sounds like a CCM one?

Are there any event logs before the failure that indicate a problem (try and identify if this is a software or hardware problem)?

Also, have you monitored the performance of the server (memory, CPU, disk space)?

If the server crashes, try and look through the DR Watson logs (START > RUN > DRWATSON then enter), they may help you find the cause of the problem...

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

tim.giles
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

How are your switches configured. Post the config and we'll take a look to make sure there are no problems with it?

Does the switch reload causing the phones to reboot or is it over-utilized?

Tim

kolawole1
Level 1
Level 1

i am using a catalyst 500 Express i could not get console or telnet access to it.But in the event log of the call manager i got the following message:

source:eventlog;event ID:6008;

Description:The previous system shutdown at 10:58:15 AM on 10/14/2008 was unexpected.

Help.

Oh, ok, I thought this might be a switch issue from your description but it sounds like a CCM one?

Are there any event logs before the failure that indicate a problem (try and identify if this is a software or hardware problem)?

Also, have you monitored the performance of the server (memory, CPU, disk space)?

If the server crashes, try and look through the DR Watson logs (START > RUN > DRWATSON then enter), they may help you find the cause of the problem...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: