Acs wont map to user databsae in domain controller

Unanswered Question
Nov 17th, 2008
User Badges:

Please I have a Win 2003 server on my network that i installed ACS on. I created internal user account ,and i can authenticate on my NAS (AAA client).The issue now is how to map to the external user database in win 2003 server DC. Below are my following questions.

1.Who is the AAA server? My Domain controller where I have my external BD?

2.In the AAA server setup page,what will I specify as the AAA server type?(cisco cisco ACS).

3.Do I need to do anything on the domain controller where the external database is?.

4.In the AAA server setup page,after putting a key,where will I put an identical key.

5.WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO DO TO MAP TO MY EXTERNAL DATABASE.

Attachment: 
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
didyap Fri, 11/21/2008 - 14:10
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

You can configure ACS to forward authentication of users to one or more external user databases. Support for external user databases means that ACS does not require that you create duplicate user entries in the user database. In organizations in which a substantial user database already exists, ACS can leverage the work already invested in building the database without any additional input.

For the further description following URL may help you

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_windows/4.2/user/guide/UsrDb.html#wp353547

Just Kennie Mon, 11/24/2008 - 00:24
User Badges:

Please I know alot about ACS.did you look my question and the picture most especially ?

What I want to know is why i am having that error in the picture....

''Failed to enumerate windows groups. If you are using Active Directory consult the installation guide for information''

Actions

This Discussion