cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSH2 and tn5250 webvpn plugins

ibrunello
Level 1
Level 1

I'd like to add access to SSH2 and tn5250 devices using webvpn.

Somebody can give me an hint on where to find the relevant packages?

TIA

Ivan

5 Replies 5

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Please have a look at the following:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa80/configuration/guide/webvpn.html#wp1292779

There is also a download link there.

Please rate if helpful.

Regards

Farrukh

I was already aware of this links, but never realized tha citrix could be used as a template for other java packages.

Will look into the ica-plugin.zip, and try to adapt some free java ssh2 & tn5250 client.

Then, release it into the wild.

Thank you

Ivan

You don't need to find any plugin, just goto the ASA download page, you will find the ssh plugin there.

Regards

Farrukh

The ssh plugin on officially released by cisco just support SSHv1.

Most of my internal devices use SSHv2 only, and trying to run the official plugin lead to no-connection.

external java packages (like mindterm, which CANNOT be used for free on commercial) work flawlessy, but must be adapted to Cisco webvpn packaging.

I'm really sorry I forgot that the Cisco plugin only supports SSHV1. Thanks for the clarification.

However just be careful with the third party stuff, it could cause issues with stability (on the ASA) and maybe the TAC will refuse to support your box.

Regards

Farrukh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card