cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade to MeetingPlace 7.x

abyewondimu
Level 1
Level 1

Can anybody recommend me about good resources to find out about new feature, planning, preparing and upgrading to MeetingPlace 7.x?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I don't think there is a technical upgrade path from 6 to 7. With MP 7 the 8100 chassis goes away and you have to replace your audio blades in your 3545 or completely replace your MCU(s) if you are using 3515s. If you have SASU/UCSS/whatever you will get upgraded licensing but I am pretty sure you will have to buy new hardware.

With the architecture change Cisco actually made things much simpler but it is really going to inconvenience people that have a MP5 or MP6 installation. I would think they would offer some sort of upgrade program where you can give them your old 8100 and get a new MCU to support MP7 but I haven't heard of such a program.

Let me know if any details are still fuzzy.

Jason

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

jasoninbtr
Level 1
Level 1

What version are you on right now? The architechure changed considerably for MP7.

Jason

MP 6.x

I don't think there is a technical upgrade path from 6 to 7. With MP 7 the 8100 chassis goes away and you have to replace your audio blades in your 3545 or completely replace your MCU(s) if you are using 3515s. If you have SASU/UCSS/whatever you will get upgraded licensing but I am pretty sure you will have to buy new hardware.

With the architecture change Cisco actually made things much simpler but it is really going to inconvenience people that have a MP5 or MP6 installation. I would think they would offer some sort of upgrade program where you can give them your old 8100 and get a new MCU to support MP7 but I haven't heard of such a program.

Let me know if any details are still fuzzy.

Jason

Thanks.

Abye

ROBERT KNAPP
Level 1
Level 1

is the a path from mp 5 to mp 7 or is it a 2 step upgrade 5 to 6 to 7?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: