cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Customizing Text for Unity Inbox

ghorna229
Level 1
Level 1

We have a Voice Mail only deployment of Unity 5.0. Someone asked me today if we could add the time stamp of a message to text for unity inbox notification. This would be along with the caller information.

It would look something like:

1. Joe Smith 11/17/08 09:40 AM

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

no - doesn't look like that piece of data is exposed on the text construction for the notification list.

Unity 7.0 did include optons for customizing subject lines which I thought might give you a backdoor way to do this but the original sending time is not a parameter you can put in:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/7x/release/notes/702curelnotes.html#wp69476

I think the assumption there was the time on the notification itself would be sufficient, however for inbox notifications you can get a list of messages repeated over a period of time - original sending time would be handy to have in that list. I'll pass it along to the Unity dev team.

Jeff,

Thank you. Was just a request that came from one of our management.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: