cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO and Unity Voice Mail

mcheatle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, I hope you can help me find a solution to my disconnect problem.

I'm running a 2811 with CCME along with voice mail

4 Voice FXO interfaces

3 DSPs, 48 Voice resources

1 cisco service engine(s)

I can make and take calls without any issues, I run into problems when I let the voice mail pick up the call, VM answers plays the OGM and you are able to leave a message; however when I hang up the line is still held open for a further 2 minutes 40 seconds, how can I clear down the call.

My FXO config is: -

voice-port 0/1/0

translation-profile incoming 201

supervisory disconnect anytone

cptone GB

timeouts call-disconnect 2

timeouts wait-release 2

timing hookflash-out 250

connection plar opx 1005

impedance complex5

description *** Voice Port ***

caller-id enable

Thanks in advance

Martyn

1 Reply 1

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

The reason of getting the 2 minutes 40 seconds busy when the call goes to Unity is because the max vmail length is 2 minutes 40 seconds, and they were actually getting 2 minutes 40 seconds blank messages - then Unity hangs up, the FXO port sees this, and clears the line. They started calling from one ip phone to the other, out through the FXO gateway and back to a local ip phone, and discovered that if the call originator hangs up, this is never recognized. If they hang up the calling phone and leave the called phone off hook, the call will stay up on the FXO port as long as they leave that phone off hook. Once they hang the phone that received the call up, the FXO port clears right away.

Gateway Configuration:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/3_1_1/ccmcfg/b06gtway.html