Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone Registration

christianojum
Level 1
Level 1

I have a callmanager business edition version 6.1(2). After all the necessary

configuration including license activation and services activation, the phones could not register with the callmanager. I checked the network configuration on the phones; and they have gotten IP address from the dhcp which I configured on the Voice gateway. They also have the ip address of the

callmanager and the voice gateway as their TFTP server and default router respectively.

I could ping the phones from both the router and the switch and I could also ping the router and the switch from the callmanager. But I could not ping the phones from the callmanager.When I checked the version of the callmanager license from the license unit report, I noticed that it is 6.0 while the Callmanger (business Edition)version is 6.1(2). Could this be the reason why the phones cannot register. I need help.

6 Replies 6

joel
Level 1
Level 1

I think you should make sure you can ping the phones from the CallManager, there could be a routing issue. Are the CCM and the Phones in different subnets?

I also believe there are 3 kinds of licenses that you would need, the Node licenses, the DLUs and the software version license. You should have the software license from the PAK when you bought the upgrade.

joel

If you were working fine on 6.0 and you upgrade 6.1 it might not be a major version upgrade and you may not need a software license PAK...I hope someone would clarify..

Hi,

Do you have something in your status messages of your phone? Are there any messages on the screen of the phone? Have you tested only one type of phone or multiple types?

You could also check in your RTMT for errors/logs

Hi Angelique,

There is no error message on the phone. I only notice the phone at intervals display: defaulting to TFTP.

I have tested 7965 and 7940. How do I check the RTMT for errors/logs ?

Joel, The installation is a fresh one not upgrade. I'm only saying that the CM version is 6.1 while the CM license is 6.0. you can see the CM license version from the license unit report on the CM Admin Page.

Joel,

thanks for your quick response. The phone and the CM are actually on different subnet but i don't think it is the issue because I can ping the two subinterfaces belonging to the different subnets on the router from the callmanager. I can also ping the two vlans belonging to the different subnets on the switch from the call manager.

As for the licenses I loaded three licencses:

1)Cisco unified cm 6.X PAK, 2) 5 seat ccx ENH ccm bundle-AVAILABLE ONLY WITH CCM and 3) the device licences

Make sure the phone loads versions are minimum 8.3(3)SR2.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/ccmcompmatr.html#wp48307

If you have redundant CallManagers, you can check by pointing the phones to 1 server only, one at a time. this will tell you if you have any issues with the server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: