Vg224 and analog phone dial direct to voicemail

Unanswered Question
Nov 17th, 2008
User Badges:

Is there a way to get an analog phone to be able to * + extension to go direct to voicemail or any way to do this? Is there a custom feature code we can set up to make this happen?

Thanks

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
voipis4me Mon, 11/17/2008 - 12:50
User Badges:

1. Create CTI Route Point with extention "*XXXX"; assuming 4 digit extension. Set this extension to CFA to voicemail pilot.

2. Create a Voicemail Profile with a Voicemail Box Mask of "XXXX". Assign the profile to the *XXXX extension.

bimckenz Tue, 11/18/2008 - 04:59
User Badges:

I already have that and that works great for the IP Phones but the analog phones that are connected to VG224's are not working. I enabled feature codes on the VG and the prefix is * , so I think trying to do * + ext for direct to voicemail is having problems because of the * prefix for the supplementary services.

Rob Huffman Tue, 11/18/2008 - 06:17
User Badges:
  • Super Blue, 32500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony, Unified Communications

Hi William,

You are most correct that the overlap of using * as your prefix for supplementary services is probably causing this issue. Can you try # for one or the other instead;

Configuring SCCP Controlled Analog (FXS) Ports with Supplementary Features in Cisco IOS Gateways

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/fxs/configuration/guide/fxssccpsplmft.html#wp1101486

Hope this helps!

Rob

Actions

This Discussion